Microsurgery is a critical component of plastic and reconstructive surgery at Penn Medicine. In this video, Chief of Plastic Surgery Joseph M. Serletti, MD, and reconstructive microsurgeon Stephen J. Kovach, III, MD, introduce the Penn Institute for Reconstructive Microsurgery, and discuss the practical, functional and cosmetic benefits and realities of microsurgery. The Penn Institute for Reconstructive Microsurgery serves as the point of concentration for microsurgical procedures in virtually every surgical specialty at Penn Medicine.
- Podcast: Options in Breast Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Clinical Briefing: Mastectomy with Microsurgical Autologous Reconstruction of the Breast
- Case Study: Microsurgical breast reconstruction in a 45-year-old woman with invasive breast cancer
- Dr Serletti’s Penn Profile
- Dr. Serletti’s Doximity Profile
- Dr. Kovach’s Profile
- Dr. Kovach’s Doximity Profile