In this informative webinar for primary care providers, Susan Domchek, MD, reviews the nuances, controversies, and potential advantages and detriments of genetic testing for breast cancer susceptibility. Executive Director of the Basser Center for BRCA at Penn Medicine and contributor to more than 200 articles on the genetics of breast cancer, Dr. Domchek offers an update on genetic testing strategies for breast and ovarian cancer risk; describes the testing and disclosure procedures at the Basser Center; considers the importance of Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry in cancer genetics; and discusses issues related to decreasing the barriers to population screening for BRCA1/2 mutations.
- Enrolling Clinical Trials: Rucaparib for the Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
- BRCA Basics & Path to Progress
- Basser Center 2018 Breakthroughs and Discoveries Panel
- Refer a Patient
- Dr. Domchek’s Penn Profile
- Dr. Domchek's Profile on Doximity
- Follow @PennMDForum on Twitter